The DAC Fitness Centre (DFC) is a two-level facility that houses a variety of professional fitness equipment, free weights, and workout space. For a modest annual fee, members enjoy 24/7 keycode access to the DFC. Members may also participate in organized activities in the gymnasium, such as badminton, table tennis, and pickleball, and may also use the gymnasium when it is not booked for other activities. (Click here to download a DFC Membership Application.)
COVID restrictions are in place. Anyone thirteen years of age and up entering the building must be confirmed to be double vaccinated. Twelve-year-olds must be single vaccinated. Pickleball and table tennis coordinators and board members can confirm vaccination status. Masks covering nose and mouth are required at all times while in the building and recommended when actively exercising. Face shields are not acceptable substitutes for masks. Social distancing and hand sanitizing are in effect.
Membership is paid annually and pro-rated after the first four months of the membership year. Family memberships are available for youth under nineteen years of age when a parent is also a member. Parential/guardian consent is required for all users under nineteen years of age. (Click here to download a DFC Parental/guardian Consent Form.)
There are three options to make use of the DFC:
- Membership: $150/year and $75/year for under 19 when a parent is also a member. (Click here to download a DFC Membership Application.)
- Drop-in use: $3 per person per session and must be accompanied by a DFC member in good standing.
- Private booking: Fees apply and private bookings cannot interfere with member use of the facility. (Contact deNeen Baldwin to book at email@example.com.)
Members acknowledge and agree to the following rules:
- There are no attendants on site. Members and guests use the facilities at their own risk.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that they and their guests use the equipment and facilities in a safe manner. Directions for the proper use of equipment are posted and should be followed.
- Members and their guests must sign in each time they use the facility.
- The cleanliness, maintenance, and security of the facilities are the responsibility of all members. Proper CLEAN indoor footwear and clothing required at all times. (Dirty shoes cause extra cleaning time and machine maintenance that increases costs for everyone).
- The key punch code issued must not be shared. Key codes may change on occasion for security purposes.
- Youth age 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult when using the DFC.
- Children under 12 and pets are not allowed in the DFC.
- Drop-ins (casual users) are allowed only when accompanying a regular member. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests pay the required fee and sign the guest list/waiver. Youth are not allowed as drop-ins unless a parental consent form has been submitted (click here to download a parental consent form).
- Members agree to adhere to other posted guidelines for facility use.
- Members may use the gymnasium for drop-in use when it has not been booked. Gym bookings are posted on the website calendar. Rentals and other bookings have precedence over drop-in use.
- Denman Fitness Centre reserves the right to cancel memberships as a result of inappropriate behaviour by the member or their guest.
Membership rates for July 1, 2021 to July 31, 2022*
(*All DFC memberships have been extended until the end of July 2022 to compensate for the latest Public Health Order closure due to the pandemic.)
JULY 2021 $150
AUGUST 2021 $150
SEPTEMBER 2021 $150
OCTOBER 2021 $150
NOVEMBER 2021 $135
DECEMBER 2021 $120
JANUARY 2022 $105
FEBRUARY 2022 $90
MARCH 2022 $75
APRIL 2022 $60
MAY 2022 $45
JUNE 2022 $15
Click here to download a DFC Membership Application. For further information about the DFC, contact our Fitness Coordinator, Sue Stewart at 250.335.2441 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact form below.
Contact The Fitness Centre
For information about table tennis, contact Peter Marshall 250.335.0489
For information about pickleball, contact Noel Villard 250.335.2120, John Andrew 250.335.2905, or Bill Engleson 250.335.0897.
For information about renting the gymnasium click here or contact the booking agent, deNeen Baldwin at 250.335.3027 or by email: email@example.com.